HDMI Extender Over CAT5e/6. One transmitter module plugs directly into the HDMI source device, such as a Blu-ray player, PC or games console, then 2 x Cat6 cables run to the receiver unit, which plugs straight into the HDMI display – such as a TV, Monitor or Projector). Both network cables are required, and must be connected directly (they can’t go through a network switch or patch panel).
Benefits over a single HDMI cable include the ability to work with existing network cables, and the abillity to run networks cables through smaller spaces or conduit that long HDMI cables can’t fit into. This passive extender can’t go as far as our top of the line model, but gains flexibility of installation by not needing a 240v supply.
HDMI Extender Over CAT5e/6 Features
This HDMI Extender has many features that enable it to perform in a superior manner. Among these features you will find:
- One pair as a full functional module, no need of setting.
- CAT 5e/6 cable can substitute HDMI cable in order to achieve long distance transmission.
- Follow the standard of IEEE-568B
- Transmission distance can be up to 30 meters for 1080p using CAT 6 cable.
- Compact size.
- Signaling rater up to 1.65Gbps in support or 1080p display.
- HDCP complaint.