Having trouble with internet connectivity? Maybe it’s the cables! When your connection is spotty, it’s quick and easy to spot-check the Ethernet cables in your home or office for breaks in connection with this RJ45 and RJ11 Network Cable Tester.
This tester is designed to handle twisted pair, straight, and Cat5/Cat5e/Cat6/UTP cables with RJ-11 or RJ-45 connectors to test for breaks or signal loss in your internet or LAN connection. Easy-to-read LED indicator lights alert you to possible gaps in your signal transfer through each line, testing to make sure your internet is getting where it needs to go or if you need to replace or repair faulty Ethernet cords.
Pop a 9-Volt battery in and you’re ready to test the connection to any room in your home or office! You can set the box-shaped output end of the tester to send a slow or fast signal through the Ethernet cable you are testing while the handle-shaped end connects to the opposite end of the cable to see if the same signal is being received. This tester is not limited by proximity, so you can test connections even if the opposite end of the cable is in a room 200 feet away.
Keep your network running smoothly by testing cables to uncover problematic shorts, open wires, crossed pairs, broken connections, or other wiring mishaps. This tester is the inexpensive alternative to having to hire an electrician to fix networking issues in your home or at the office.
RJ45 and RJ11 Network Cable Tester Features
- Keep your network running smoothly by testing your cables to uncover problematic shorts, open wires, crossing pairs and other wiring mishaps
- Use for testing your homemade Ethernet patch cables to make sure they are in working order prior to connecting to your devices
- Tests RJ45 cables, RJ11 telephone cables and network cables
- Easy to read LED display indicates problems.Hand-held for portability.
- Requires one 9-volt battery (not included)